Like buses down my street, Google is getting more and more frequent at updating it's computer which determines where your website ranks in the fantabulous search engine.
Take a look at the below from Google to see how the latest updates will effect your website.
- Sitelinks data refresh. Sitelinks (the links that appear beneath some search results and link deeper into the respective site) are generated in part by an offline process that analyzes site structure and other data to determine the most relevant links to show users. Google has recently updated the data through our offline process. These updates happen frequently (on the order of weeks).
- Better indexing of profile pages. This change improves the comprehensiveness of public profile pages in our index from more than two-hundred social sites. It means that Social is more and more intrinsically linked with search.
- High-quality sites algorithm data update and freshness improvements. Like many of the changes Google make, aspects of high-quality sites algorithm depend on processing that’s done offline and pushed on a periodic cycle. In the past month, they’ve pushed updated data for “Panda,”. They’ve also made improvements to keep our database fresher overall.
- Tweaks to handling of anchor text. This month Google turned off a classifier related to anchor text (the visible text appearing in links). Google's experimental data suggested that other methods of anchor processing had greater success, so turning off this component made our scoring cleaner and more robust.
- Improvements to freshness. Google launched an improvement to freshness late last year that was very helpful, but it cost significant machine resources. At the time they decided to roll out the change only for news-related traffic. This month it's rolled it out for all queries.
- Better interpretation and use of anchor text. They've improved systems we use to interpret and use anchor text, and determine how relevant a given anchor might be for a given query and website.
- More precise detection of old pages. This change improves detection of stale pages in our index by relying on more relevant signals. As a result, fewer stale pages are shown to users. Keep your content fresh people. Content managed websites are now more important than ever.
- Improvements in date detection for blog/forum pages. This change improves the algorithm that determines dates for blog and forum pages.
- +1 button in search for more countries and domains. This month they internationalized the +1 button on the search results page to additional languages and domains. The +1 button in search makes it easy to share recommendations with the world right from your search results.